DualCon’s Cosplay Contest will take place at 5pm in Panel 1. You will need to register at the con before hand.
- You must have purchased an entry into DualCon 2023 in order to enter and present on stage for the Costume Contest.
- The Costume Contest is a family-oriented event. Please keep all costumes to a “PG” rating. (i.e no nudity or overly revealing attire, no excessive gore, etc.)
- No bought costumes. Costume must be 50% handcrafted or more. You may purchase parts of a costume but said parts must be disclosed during the judging process. If you are modeling a costume you did not make yourself, the maker of the costume must be present with you upon entry. If the costume wins an award, the award is given to the maker of the costume, not the model wearing it.
- All weapons and props must conform with DualCon rules, convention center policies, and local laws concerning carrying a weapon. If there is a question or doubt, don’t bring it.
- If your costume is meant to represent a character from a specific IP, please provide reference images of the character. We cannot guarantee the judges will know what your character looks like, so having something to compare to will help you as much as them.
- The contest will be limited to 50 entries total. Please preregister to guarantee a spot. Groups may count as one.
- DualCon reserves the right to modify, update, or amend rules at any time.
- The judge(s’) decisions are final
PLEASE NOTE — We hope you will use good judgement and sportsmanship when entering the contest.
Walk On Judging: just sign up and show up at contest
Table-Top Game Recreation
Video Game Recreation
Child (12 and under)
Will Need To Be Prejudged: Judging will take place from 4pm-5pm
Best of Show
Pre-judged may also win Walk On awards.
– CONTEST JUDGING –
Costumes will be judged based on a variety of factors, including craftsmanship, accuracy (or creativity for original design costumes), materials used, etc. Please bring a photo (or have one on your phone, etc) of your character, if applicable, for reference so we can judge the accuracy of your costume.